Thursday, April 5, 2012

Happy Easter and Happy Patchwork Weekender Bag

My amazon basket was full of books for several months. Finally, I decided to start buying them and after a week they were at my post box. I liked Patchwork Weekender Bag from The Perfect Handmade Bag by Claire Youngs. Here is the finished bag. I had a bit of problem with measurements but it is done. This morning I went to my local shop to enlarge side triangles. On the pattern it said enlarge twice?! It was not really clear. However, with a shop assistant we managed to enlarge for 200% and it worked. Luckily, I took my last night's creation to measure. A photographer is my DD1, who is now six. She kept saying that I have a giant bag. She is right, it is my the biggest bag I ever made.


This is my last night's work. I went to bed at 1am, after hours of trying making decision how to arrange my fabrics. This afternoon I needed cut base of the bag again. The book measurements did not match with my bag.






This is decision making process. I liked this arrangement but did want to make this way last night. Maybe next time.







This is another try as well. Looked good but not perfect for my eyes.










This is you know and it is the final decision.









I am really sorry that my photos are blured. I think it was the bad lighting at my studio.


HAPPY EASTER!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails